Very Veggie Lasagna Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, stir-fry vegetables and salt in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Spread 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce in the greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange seven noodles over sauce, overlapping as needed. Layer with half of the vegetables, spaghetti sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Very Veggie Lasagna(6)
Sort By :
This is the best lasagna I have ever made! Perfect to reheat for lunch at work! I will be making this recipe for years to come!!
Made this for a birthday lunch and we had it for dinner, and the birthday girl asked for the recipe...I used daiya cheese (non-dairy cheese) and added black beans...there was no yellow summer squash in November...look forward to eating the leftovers...again and again..also skipped the oil and stir-fried in water....yummy!
My family was skeptical when I made this for the first time...now it is always requested and everyone LOVES it! I haven't met anyone yet who didn't enjoy this!
This was very good! My husband doesn't care for any kind of squash so I left out the zucchini and summer squash and simply used more of the other veggies.
this is delicious, However I never cook the noodles for any lasagna I make, thew juice from the other ingredients cook them and it is a lot quicker and simpler
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetable Casserole >
- Vegetarian Dinner Recipes >
- Vegetarian Main Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Winning Dinner Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >
- Winning Vegetarian Recipes >
- Zucchini Recipes >