Very Veggie Lasagna Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, stir-fry vegetables and salt in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Spread 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce in the greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange seven noodles over sauce, overlapping as needed. Layer with half of the vegetables, spaghetti sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 295 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 reduced-fat milk.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.