Very Veggie Lasagna Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, ricotta and parsley. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles and a third of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with half of the carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini and squash. Top with a third of the remaining sauce.
- Arrange half of the spinach over spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with a third of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers of noodles, cheese mixture, vegetables, sauce, spinach and mozzarella. Top with the remaining noodles, cheese mixture, sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Very Veggie Lasagna(4)
Sort By :
Yummy recipe but I still prefer the other very veggie lasagna recipe from Taste of Home just because it has a lot of vegetables. If you are a picky eater and do not like one vegetable over the other then this is the one for you.
We really enjoyed this recipe, despite the lack of meat, (and I heard about it.) We used whole wheat noodles, a little less broccoli and spinach, and no summer squash (not in season out here.) It came out great!
I'm no rocket scientist....but to address your inane comment...there is NO picture to correspond this recipe with in the first place. Sheesh... I guess even a recipe site can attract the dimwits...surprising they can even utilize a computer
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >