- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, stir-fry vegetables and salt in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Spread 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce in the greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange seven noodles over sauce, overlapping as needed. Layer with half of the vegetables, spaghetti sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Very Veggie Lasagna
Sort By :
Great, my whole family liked it!
Had to use butternut squash because no summer squash to be found in February - also, omitted onions & garlic due to son's sensitivity to both - added cauliflower floretsAs a twist, added mixture of 15 oz ricotta, 1 egg well-beaten, Italian seasoning, 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan - folded the 3 cups of shredded Mozzarella from recipe into this mixture and used as cheese layer - topped lasagne w/mixture of 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan & remaining 1 cup shredded Mozzarella from recipe - also changed layering to sauce, cheese veggies keeping very bottom layer of just sauce sameFor sauce, used recipe from Pastene Kitchen Ready Tomatoes 28 oz can - because I have to omit garlic, omitted oil & cooking altogether just adding basil, Italian seasoning and pepper to open can - very tasty and convenient ladling sauce directly from can to lasagneAlso, from past mistakes, learned to always put large cookie sheet under 13x9 pan during cooking and before putting in oven to take sharp knife cutting off excess edges of lasagne noodles that won't tuck into pan (leaving them on is messy and noodles just dry out to inedible)Smells awesome! I am not someone who ever thought of making a veggie lasagne - kind of seemed sacrilegious to me as Italian LOL - but something about the recipe, reviews and pic (likely hormones from pregnancy too) made me decide to try it - kids could use more veggies incorporated into diet - added ricotta because saw no reason not to - ricotta is very light, watery cheese and would likely compliment veggies well, just as any cheese would - will make dish richer for sure (likely that much more appealing to kids and husband as well)Thanks for recipe - takes me out of comfort zone - love this! ;)
UPDATE: Butternut Squash did not work well - Found out Summer squash can be blanched and frozen so this summer, will try w/summer squash as written and freeze some for use over winter. Family actually really liked dish just butternut squash too sweet. Tasted good with zucchini so surely Summer squash with its much lighter taste will work better.
This is the best lasagna I have ever made! Perfect to reheat for lunch at work! I will be making this recipe for years to come!!
Made this for a birthday lunch and we had it for dinner, and the birthday girl asked for the recipe...I used daiya cheese (non-dairy cheese) and added black beans...there was no yellow summer squash in November...look forward to eating the leftovers...again and again..also skipped the oil and stir-fried in water....yummy!
My family was skeptical when I made this for the first time...now it is always requested and everyone LOVES it! I haven't met anyone yet who didn't enjoy this!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetable Casserole >
- Vegetarian Dinner Recipes >
- Vegetarian Main Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Winning Dinner Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >
- Winning Vegetarian Recipes >
- Zucchini Recipes >