- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese and green onions; set aside. In a 9-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the mushrooms, sweet peppers and onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; top with egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve with pepper sauce, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Very Veggie Frittata
"this is really good. I used a blend of yellow, orange, red, and green bell peppers, mushrooms, purple and green onions. Zucchini, diced tomatoes, leftover broccoli or cauliflower, or yellow squash would also be good in this. I made a 1 person version."
"I tried this recipe last night after having it on my to-try list for awhile. I didn't have any mushrooms, but substituted diced zucchini, which worked very, very well. I also didn't have an ovenproof skillet, so skipped the broiling step and left off the additional cheese. It was excellent even without this step. This was a quick and easy frittata and I liked the fact that it only took 5 eggs. Will make this again and again!"