“We enjoy this colorful frittata often. Wedges are not only great for breakfast or brunch, but also for a tasty meatless dinner. The sour cream gives the eggs great flavor.” —Teri Condon, Burley, Idaho
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese and green onions; set aside. In a 9-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the mushrooms, sweet peppers and onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; top with egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve with pepper sauce, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Very Veggie Frittata in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p55
Reviews for Very Veggie Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review