Very Veggie Baked Potatoes Recipe
Take a break from heavy meat dishes with these chock-full-of-vegetables baked potatoes.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the squash, zucchini, eggplant and leeks. Add salad dressing and toss to coat. Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with salt and keep warm.
- 3. Combine spreadable cheese and sour cream. With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon grilled vegetables over potatoes; dollop with cheese mixture. Garnish with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed potato: 586 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 12g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Very Veggie Baked Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC