- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Toasted sliced almonds
- Grease a 6-in. springform pan; place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- Pour 1 in. water into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer two 24-in. pieces of aluminum foil. Starting with a long side, roll up foil to make a 1-in.-wide strip; shape into a circle. Place in bottom of slow cooker to make a rack.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and about 1 in. up sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan on foil circle without touching slow cooker sides. Cover slow cooker with a double layer of white paper towels; place lid securely over towels. Cook, covered, on high 2 hours.
- Do not remove lid; turn off slow cooker and let cheesecake stand, covered, in slow cooker 1 hour.
- Remove springform pan from slow cooker; remove foil around pan. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 1 hour longer. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Remove rim from springform pan. Pour chocolate mixture over cheesecake; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Very Vanilla Slow Cooker Cheesecake
Sort By :
Just answering question by BBatten17.
The paper towels will absorb all the water that forms on the inside of a slow cooker lid. The water would completely spoil the texture of the cake as it bakes if not eliminated. You do that by using the paper towels. Hope this helps.
What is the purpose of the paper towels?
The best and easiest recipe yet!
So cute and fun to make. Loved the smaller size. Found a pan at walmart.com. The cheesecake turned out creamy and delicious. I used light cream cheese (Neufchatel). Next time I may swirl in some chocolate in the batter.
This is a wonderfully light and creamy cheese cake. I too choose raspberry over chocolate, it was a nice tartness against the sweetness of the cheese cake; as put in the 3 teaspoons of vanilla. Was easy to make, I did find that I need to add extra layers of paper towels.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chocolate Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Nut Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Desserts >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >