Very Vanilla French Toast
"These French toast slices have creamy vanilla flavor from convenient pudding mix, plus a hint of cinnamon," relates Linda Bernhagen of Plainfield, Illinois. "We like to top them with syrup or powdered sugar and fresh berries." TIP: As a change of pace, try butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix, egg and cinnamon for 2
- minutes or until well blended. Dip toast in pudding mixture, coating
- both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook bread on both
- sides until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.