Very Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/3 cups cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons clear McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Paste food coloring, optional
- Colored sprinkles and nonpareils
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring. Frost cupcakes. Decorate as desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Very Vanilla Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Very easy and good recipe. I found that using a 3oz. scoop makes nice, uniform cupcakes. Can't wait to try it as a cake!"
"Very good vanilla cupcake recipe! Icing was good also; I had lots of leftover icing however."
"I have been looking for a good white/yellow cake recipe that used cake flour and this was good. I only got about 1 1/2 dozen - not 2 dozen cupcakes. I served these at a party and everyone liked them. Will make them again."
"These cupcakes did not turn out for me! I live at high altitude and I'm not sure if that was the problem or if I filled them too full but they rose and and then sunk all over the edges of my muffin pan and had a very rough consistency."