Very Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Paste food coloring, optional
- Colored sprinkles and nonpareils
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring. Frost cupcakes. Decorate as desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake: 278 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Very Vanilla Cupcakes
"These cupcakes were very good."
"very plain i added extra vanilla and still very plain"
"Very easy and good recipe. I found that using a 3oz. scoop makes nice, uniform cupcakes. Can't wait to try it as a cake!"
"Very good vanilla cupcake recipe! Icing was good also; I had lots of leftover icing however."
"I have been looking for a good white/yellow cake recipe that used cake flour and this was good. I only got about 1 1/2 dozen - not 2 dozen cupcakes. I served these at a party and everyone liked them. Will make them again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.