Very Raspberry Pie Recipe
- RASPBERRY TOPPING:
- 6 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. Mash about 2 cups raspberries to measure 1 cup; place in a small saucepan. Add the sugar, cornstarch and water.
- 2. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Strain to remove berry seeds if desired. Cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, for filling, beat the cream cheese, whipped topping and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Spread in bottom of crust.
- 4. Top with remaining raspberries. Pour cooled raspberry sauce over top. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- 5. Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 441 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Very Raspberry Pie
"This sounds really good. How can I make it in a 9x13 pan?? Will I need to double the recipe?Thanks for your help."
"This pie was fantastic. I cut back the white sugar to 3/4 cup. I also strained the berries for the topping to cut down on the seeds."
"I gave away 1 piece of this pie the first time I made it this summer, the rest (3 more) I ate all by myself. This is so good; I can't believe my taste buds, yum, yum... I told them where to find the recipe because it was so good. The fourth time, I did not have as many raspberries (end of season), but it was still great. If you don't like the recipe, you made it wrong. It is very sweet, but so what!!! I have told everybody I know how good it was. Thanks."
"My husband loved this. It was very yummy!"
"I give this a 4 1/2. This pie is fresh and delicious........great summer surprise."
"Too sweet, filling was too soft, didn't ever set up. Big mess and waste of precious raspberries. Will make my tried and true recipe, from now on. Big disappointment"
"I live in a 130 year old train depot in Louisiana!!..so I had to try this recipe..LOVE IT!!"
"My mom has been making this pie for about 40 yrs except with pineapple or cherry topping. With the pineapple put a little of the juice in the cream cheese."
"This is a very delicious pie!!"
"Wonderful recipe. Put a little less sugar in the filling and added a little real vanilla. Wish I had wild raspberries!! Wow."
"Done this, or something very similar (other fruit) and there will be NO left overs. Zip, Nada, Nothing, empty pie plate with 'lick marks.'"
"Wonderful!! I loved the raspberries but I bet it will be just as great with the addition of blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries. I'll have to try that!"
"Tartness, with some sweetness. Perfect! My 9" pie plate was a little small. 10" might have worked better."
"This pie was incredible. MIL made it the other week and everyone loved it. I've just made it again using blackberries. Still very yummy :-)"
"a family favorite"
"fantastic fresh berry taste."
"We love this recipe!! I made it when we had guests and people were practically licking their plates off!"
"To decrease the amount of sugar I substitute Splenda for the sugar, use sugar free whipped topping, and make a walnut flour crust. It's still wonderful!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.