Very Chocolate Chip Brownies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- 3. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 4. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 brownie: 179 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Very Chocolate Chip Brownies
"Love these brownies"
"Very moist, decadent with chocolate....absolutely the BEST brownies I have ever made!"
"These are simply spectacular! They came out huge, thick, chewy and chocalatey! Have made them three times so far, and they're definitely worth the extra work and dishes."
"I made these yesterday. My husband loved them, and so do I! These are definitely a keeper for sure! I'll be making these for sure in the future for a church potluck!!"
"Everybody loved this one! We have LOTS of brownie recipes in this household and this recipe held its own! My son even copied down the recipe! We love the extra chocolate chips in the brownie!"
"These are simply the best brownies ever! They are a hit anywhere I bring them."
"If you are looking for a REALLY delicious cure for your chocolate craving THIS IS IT!!! These are by far the best brownies EVER! They always get rave reviews. They are oh-soooo chocolaty, moist and gooey. Yummy!"
"My new favorite brownie recipe!"
"I made these twice. The first time I baked them for 35 minutes and they turned out slightly underbaked and extremely delicious. The second time I baked them for maybe 38 minutes (still well within range!) and they turned out much thicker, drier, and rather like a sub-par cakey brownie. I was really disappointed and can't imagine what I did wrong. All I can think is that the oven was too hot because I had just finished baking something else at 350 and had then turned it down to 325 for the brownies. I'll give these one more try and watch them closely during baking."
"Terrific chocolate flavor and texture. I'll definitely make these again."