Very Chocolate Brownies Recipe
More Chocolate Brownie Recipes »
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely.
- 3. For topping, melt chocolate chips and butter with water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over brownies. Chill before cutting. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 160 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Very Chocolate Brownies
"This is the absolute best brownie ever! It melts in your mouth."
"This recipe for the brownies was so good. I did not have the cream to make the topping, so I did the brownies with a chocolate icing from another brownie recipe.Yum! Will make them again and again. I will try the topping with the Chocolate Brownies Recipe next time. Best brownie ever, thank you for sharing."
"This is an excellent recipe, I've made it several times. I'm going to use it as a base for the Mint Sundae Brownie Squares recipe since I'm not a big fan of box brownie mix."
"I used this recipe to make brownie bites with miniature reeses peanute butter cups pressed in the middle! Out of this world :) I also think they would be really good with rolos in the center."
"I was short on time so I used a boxed brownie mix for the bottom. Was very tasty! I would like to try the full recipe another time."
"These are very rich, but SO good. Definitely a nice change of pace from frosted boxed brownies. I always get compliments (and come home with an empty pan) when I take these to potlucks!"
"Excellent! I thought boxed brownies were going to be my M.O., but these were so much better and kind of fun to make. The cool, not-too-sweet topping balances the sugariness of the bottom layer and is easier to make than chocolate frosting because there's no sifting involved. I actually think the top layer in this recipe is just better than frosting. The bottom part is pretty much the best brownie I've ever had (and believe me, I have eaten quite a few brownies). I couldn't make them look like the picture, though. I had the topping everywhere, including my jeans, when I was done arranging them on a pretty platter. It was not at all firm-looking, but looked like chocolate-flavored Cool Whip. Anyway, if you love chocolate, don't pass this recipe up!"
"Made these for a party today. SO rich and SO delicious! Trust me...these are FAR superior to any box brownie mix, and are well worth the effort. Don't skip the step of lining the pan with foil. This way you can remove the whole brick of brownies fromt the pan, frost them, and cut them with a pizza cutter.Perfect!"
"This is one of my 2 favorite brownies recipes. The only problem is I can't stop eating these until they are gone. The frosting is great, and so simple."
"This recipe looks delish!"