More Chocolate Brownie Recipes »
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely.
- For topping, melt chocolate chips and butter with water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over brownies. Chill before cutting. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Very Chocolate Brownies
"This is the absolute best brownie ever! It melts in your mouth."
"This recipe for the brownies was so good. I did not have the cream to make the topping, so I did the brownies with a chocolate icing from another brownie recipe.Yum! Will make them again and again. I will try the topping with the Chocolate Brownies Recipe next time. Best brownie ever, thank you for sharing."
"This is an excellent recipe, I've made it several times. I'm going to use it as a base for the Mint Sundae Brownie Squares recipe since I'm not a big fan of box brownie mix."
"I used this recipe to make brownie bites with miniature reeses peanute butter cups pressed in the middle! Out of this world :) I also think they would be really good with rolos in the center."
"I was short on time so I used a boxed brownie mix for the bottom. Was very tasty! I would like to try the full recipe another time."