Very Cherry Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 pound fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, coarsely chopped (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cherries and sugar; set aside. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; set aside. Cook pudding according to package directions, using 3-1/2 cups milk. Add to cherries. Stir in cream, vanilla and prepared gelatin. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until cold.
- 2. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 220 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Very Cherry Ice Cream
"Thought this would be easy and good but this was terrible. It tasted like powder and looked like it had lots of red dye in it. What a waste of good ingredients."