Very Cherry Crescent Ring Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 pecan halves
- 1. Set aside five cherries for garnish. Chop remaining cherries; place in a bowl. Add cream cheese, sugar, almond extract and pecans; beat until blended. Roll crescent roll dough. Place dough together, forming one large rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Fold dough in half lengthwise; roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together to form a ring. With a scissors, cut from outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of the ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show, slightly overlapping previous piece. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if the top browns to quickly. Using two large spatulas, carefully remove to a wire rack. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, milk and almond extract. Drizzle over warm ring. Garnish with pecans and reserved cherries. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 227 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Very Cherry Crescent Ring
"I make this every year for the holidays and the plate is always wiped clean!!!! Very easy and delicious!!!!"