Very Cherry Crescent Ring Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 pecan halves
- 1. Set aside five cherries for garnish. Chop remaining cherries; place in a bowl. Add cream cheese, sugar, almond extract and pecans; beat until blended. Roll crescent roll dough. Place dough together, forming one large rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Fold dough in half lengthwise; roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together to form a ring. With a scissors, cut from outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of the ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show, slightly overlapping previous piece. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if the top browns to quickly. Using two large spatulas, carefully remove to a wire rack. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, milk and almond extract. Drizzle over warm ring. Garnish with pecans and reserved cherries. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 227 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Very Cherry Crescent Ring
"I make this every year for the holidays and the plate is always wiped clean!!!! Very easy and delicious!!!!"