Very Best Barbecue Beef Sandwiches Recipe
Simple and so good friends will beg for the recipe, these sweet and tangy barbecue beef sandwiches definitely live up to their name. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours YIELD:12 servings
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- 1. Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, onion, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, celery seed, paprika and pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. When meat is cool enough to handle, shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and stir in sauce mixture; heat through. Serve on rolls with pickle slices if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without pickles) equals 417 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 881 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC