- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blackberries, thawed
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the berries; stir in desired amount of sugar. Let stand for 1 hour. Drain and reserve the juice. Return berries to the bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup reserved juice until smooth. Stir in the remaining juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Pour over berries and stir gently. Yield: about 6 cups.
Originally published as Very Berry Topping in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p221
Reviews for Very Berry Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review