Very Berry Spread
Two kinds of berries make this jam deliciously different. I always keep some on hand.—Irene Hagel, Choiceland, Saskatchewan
64 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process: 10 min.
- 5 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine the berries, lemon juice, peel and pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute,
- stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off any foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture
- into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air
- bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a
- boiling-water canner. Yield: about 8 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 86 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.