Two kinds of berries make this jam deliciously different. I always keep some on hand.—Irene Hagel, Choiceland, Saskatchewan
- 5 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine the berries, lemon juice, peel and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off any foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 8 half-pints.
Originally published as Very Berry Spread in Country Woman May/June 1996, p21
Reviews for Very Berry Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review