Very Berry Pie
Becky Thompson of Maryville, Tennessee came up with this quick pie with she needed a low-fat dessert for a get together. "My husband picked this pie over apple pie, which he generally prefers," she recalls. "He raves about how good it is."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
- Spread 1/4 cup whipped topping into the crust. Combine berries and
- sugar substitute; spoon 1 cup over topping.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will
- be thick. Carefully spoon over berries. Spread with remaining
- whipped topping. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 45
- minutes or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 214 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.