"When I asked drop-in company to stay for dinner, I happened to have all the ingredients on hand to create this elegant layered berry treat," recalls Andree Garrett Of Plymouth, Michigan. "Everyone thought this low-sugar dessert was yummy and refreshing.
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, divided
- 1-3/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour into eight parfait glasses; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Top with half of the blueberries and half of the strawberries. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Pour over berries. Top with remaining berries. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour longer. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Very Berry Parfaits in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p16
Reviews for Very Berry Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2011
"These are great! The perfect yummy, fruity dessert! We used fresh berries.~ Theresa"