Very-Berry Parfait Recipe
Sour cream and ice cream complement the raspberries and strawberries in these pretty parfaits.
- 1-1/4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. Mash 1 cup raspberries and press through a strainer. Reserve enough juice to measure 1/4 cup. Discard seeds and pulp. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in reserved juice until smooth. Add strawberries and cook over low heat until mixture comes to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and remaining raspberries; cool.
- 2. In two parfait glasses, layer half the ice cream, a fourth of the berry sauce, half the sour cream and a fourth of the berry sauce. Repeat layers. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 222 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1 fat
Reviews for Very-Berry Parfait
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC