Very Berry Melba Recipe
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. In a large bowl, combine ice cream, orange juice concentrate and cinnamon. Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine berries and lemon juice in a saucepan; cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool; cover and refrigerate.
- 3. To serve, spoon ice cream into a bowl or parfait glass; top with the berry sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 306 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Very Berry Melba
"Outstanding summer dish. Do not cook the berries in the sauce until the very end. Make the sauce, boil it, then fold in the berries for the best flavor."