Very Berry Melba Recipe
I received this recipe from my sister many years ago when we lived in southern Michigan, which has many blueberry farms. We've since moved north and now that my kids eat it all by itself.
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. In a large bowl, combine ice cream, orange juice concentrate and cinnamon. Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine berries and lemon juice in a saucepan; cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool; cover and refrigerate.
- 3. To serve, spoon ice cream into a bowl or parfait glass; top with the berry sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 306 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC