Very Berry Bruschetta Recipe
Watch out, Mr. Bagel, there’s more than one way to spread strawberry cream cheese. We also suspect this topping would be delicious on morning toast—if you can keep it around that long. —Debbie Limas, North Andover, Massachusetts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup each fresh blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- 6 slices pound cake
- Whipped cream in a can
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, orange juice and peel until blended. In a large bowl, combine the berries. Place a cake slice on each of six dessert plates; top with cream cheese mixture and berries. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 291 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC