Versatile Slice 'n' Bake Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed candied fruit, optional
- Nonpareils, jimmies, melted semisweet chocolate chips and chopped nuts, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide into three portions. If desired, add candied fruit to one portion. Shape each into a 5-in. roll; place in a freezer bag. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen dough: Remove from the freezer 1 hour before baking. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with nonpareils and jimmies if desired.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost with melted chocolate chips and sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 59 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Versatile Slice 'n' Bake Cookies
"This recipe is a waste of time. It did not mix up well. It did not have any flavor. They were crunchier than potato chips. Just did not like them. Sorry."