Versatile Slice 'n' Bake Cookies Recipe
When you crave a sweet treat or want something fun and festive to make with the grandkids, just pull a cookie dough log from the freezer, slice and pop in the oven. Once baked, these buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookies from our Test Kitchen will keep for a week…but they‘ll probably disappear much faster!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed candied fruit, optional
- Nonpareils, jimmies, melted semisweet chocolate chips and chopped nuts, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide into three portions. If desired, add candied fruit to one portion. Shape each into a 5-in. roll; place in a freezer bag. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen dough: Remove from the freezer 1 hour before baking. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with nonpareils and jimmies if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost with melted chocolate chips and sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Versatile Slice 'n' Bake Cookies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p18
Reviews for Versatile Slice 'n' Bake Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2010
This recipe is a waste of time. It did not mix up well. It did not have any flavor. They were crunchier than potato chips. Just did not like them. Sorry.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >