Versatile Meat Coating
I like to season chicken breast, pork chops and other meats with this flavorful seasoning. It keeps well and lends a homemade, no packaged, flavor to meats. It's also great mixed with ground beef for hamburgers.Chris Nash, Berthoud, Colorado
44 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a resealable plastic bag or airtight container, combine all the
- ingredients. Seal and shake well. Use to coat chicken, pork or
- fish. Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Yield: 5-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 40 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.