Versatile Meat Coating Recipe
I like to season chicken breast, pork chops and other meats with this flavorful seasoning. It keeps well and lends a homemade, no packaged, flavor to meats. It's also great mixed with ground beef for hamburgers.Chris Nash, Berthoud, Colorado
- 3 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a resealable plastic bag or airtight container, combine all the ingredients. Seal and shake well. Use to coat chicken, pork or fish. Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Versatile Meat Coating in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Versatile Meat Coating(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review