Versatile Chili-Cheese Sauce
"It's so good, there's no limit to ways this sauce can be enjoyed," says Darlene Brenden, field editor from Salem, Oregon. "We use it as a fondue…a dip for tortilla chips or vegetables…or poured over grilled chicken, baked potatoes, etc."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth;
- gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream, chilies and bouillon. Reduce heat to medium;
- cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Add cheeses
- and pepper. Cook until bubbly and cheese is melted, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 411 calories, 39 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.