Versatile Chili-Cheese Sauce Recipe
"It's so good, there's no limit to ways this sauce can be enjoyed," says Darlene Brenden, field editor from Salem, Oregon. "We use it as a fondue…a dip for tortilla chips or vegetables…or poured over grilled chicken, baked potatoes, etc."
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in the sour cream, chilies and bouillon. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Add cheeses and pepper. Cook until bubbly and cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup: 411 calories, 39g fat (25g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Versatile Chili-Cheese Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC