Vermont Turkey Loaf Recipe
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, mushrooms and carrot until tender; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the vegetables, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 6-in. x 3-in. loaf.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine syrup and mustard; pour half over the turkey loaf. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 165°. Serve with remaining syrup mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Vermont Turkey Loaf
Sort By :
I make this about 3 times a month. I love this recipe.
The meat itself was not bad but we did not like the sauce.
This recipe has excellent texture and taste. It has become a year round favorite for my wife and I. It's especially good on a cold fall day. Our health conscious children enjoy this when they come to visit as well.
J and A in MI