Vermont Maple-Pecan Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- GLAZED PECANS:
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda and salt. Combine the buttermilk, butter, syrup and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Pour into two 6-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, bring corn syrup to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in pecan halves until coated. Place in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and syrup until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with second layer; frost top and sides of cake. Garnish with glazed pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vermont Maple-Pecan Cake
Sort By :
"I made this cake for my boyfriends birthday, I bought all fresh ingredients. It was really GOOD :)I will definitely make it again!!"
"I am surprised to see 4 1/2 stars on this recipe. I made it exactly like the recipe, and I now have a frosted cookie. This recipe is defective and did not rise like a cake should."
"I made this azaming cake just last weekend for my birthday. Yes I made my own birthday cake but I love to cook. I wish it was bigger. But it feed 14 people cut into small pieces plus I had another cake. But I wanted everyone to try this cake. I can't wait until I make this again."
"My cake fell too, and I followed the recipe exactly as written. Next time I'll add an egg. I love that it is for 6" pans, perfect for a small family."
"Rgreat concept, I made a few changes, I added 2 eggs, and also a half teaspoon of baking powder, cake rose great and was super moist, I also doubled the recipe!"