- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the oats, syrups, butter and vanilla; pour into crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cover edge with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Vermont Maple Oatmeal Pie
Sort By :
"Could anyone please tell me if this recipe is designed for a deep dish or a traditional pie plate? Thanks!"
"Since I am a Vermonter, I thought it would be great to try this sticky sweet pie.. Thank you Barbie! There is great nutritional value in pure maple syrup, 200 years ago it was discovered that pure maple syrup and baking soda ( aluminum free) killed cancer cells!please research this for yourself."
"Excellent maple flavor, cuts nicely, and is simple to make. This recipe is a keeper!"
"Awsome pie and couldn't be easier"