Vermont Maple Oatmeal Pie Recipe
This yummy pie has an old-fashioned feeling, but is so easy to prepare. Serve it with ice cream drizzled with maple syrup or top it with maple- or cinnamon-flavored whipped cream. —Barbie Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the oats, syrups, butter and vanilla; pour into crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without ice cream) equals 552 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 90 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC