This yummy pie has an old-fashioned feeling, but is so easy to prepare. Serve it with ice cream drizzled with maple syrup or top it with maple- or cinnamon-flavored whipped cream. —Barbie Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the oats, syrups, butter and vanilla; pour into crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cover edge with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vermont Maple Oatmeal Pie in Branson's Great American Pie Show January 2009
Reviews for Vermont Maple Oatmeal Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review