- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the oats, syrups, butter and vanilla; pour into crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Vermont Maple Oatmeal Pie
Sort By :
"I have made this several times, and have gotten great reviews every time. My mom LOVES this recipe. Definitely a winner!"
"I tried this pie recipe for Thanksgiving & it was incredible!! Delicious with ice cream on top. I'll definitely be making this one again!"
"AWESOME pie! I'm hoping to win a pie contest with it tomorrow :)"
"Whole family loved it. Topped with fresh cinnamon whipped cream."
"This, right here, is the most tremendous pie you have never eaten. I really don't think there's anything more that needs to be said except, MAKE THIS PIE.For the corn syrup I used a mixture of a little dark corn syrup and mostly light corn syrup. I also didn't have any maple syrup, but the butter-flavored generic stuff worked wonders. I mixed a little of the coconut in to the pie and sprinkled the rest on top. It doesn't taste coconut-y; it just brings out the wonderful flavor."