Vermicelli Rice Pilaf Recipe
At the holidays, I use butter and white rice in this recipe, just like my mom and generations of Armenian women did. But most days I saute the vermicelli in olive oil and substitute brown rice for white. —Jean Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup broken uncooked vermicelli (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh chives, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add vermicelli; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Add rice, broth, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- 2. Fluff with a fork. If desired, top with chives. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Vermicelli Rice Pilaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC