Vermicelli Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup broken uncooked vermicelli (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh chives, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add vermicelli; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Add rice, broth, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- 2. Fluff with a fork. If desired, top with chives. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 240 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 539mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Vermicelli Rice Pilaf
"This is a good, basic recipe. My family felt it was lacking a little flavor. Maybe saute some onions or garlic to add next time."
"We liked this recipe. The vermicelli added a twist so it wasn't just rice!"