Vermicelli Chicken Salad Recipe
"This recipe was given to me by a friend, and it's wonderful," notes Liz Hughes of Burnsville, Minnesota. Marinated artichokes and ripe olives lend flavor to this chilled rice salad that starts with a packaged rice mix.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Cook rice mix according to package directions. Stir in the chicken, mayonnaise, artichokes, onion, olives and lemon-pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC