This traditional-tasting Verde Sauce will add some beautiful color to your plate. You'll love the robust garlic flavor. Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, MA
- 6 green onions, cut into thirds
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 cups loosely packed parsley sprigs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place the onions, garlic and lemon peel in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add half of the basil and parsley; cover and process until chopped. Add remaining basil and parsley; chop.
- Add the olives, capers, lemon juice, pepper flakes and cheese; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Yield: 12 servings (3 cups).
Originally published as Verde Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 2010, p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Verde Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review