Venison Tortilla Lasagna Recipe
I always keep a copy of this recipe around, because every time someone new tries this lasagna, they want to make it, too. It freezes well and is excellent for leftovers…if there are any.
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook venison over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, salsa and taco seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, oregano and cumin.
- 2. Cut tortillas in half; place half of them in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (tortillas will overlap). Top with half of the meat sauce. Spoon cottage cheese mixture over the top. Layer with remaining tortillas and meat sauce.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC