Venison Tenderloin Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 venison tenderloin steaks (12 ounces), about 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 hard rolls, split
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter and Worcestershire sauce until onions are tender. Flatten steaks to 1/2 in. thick; add to the skillet.
- 2. Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper and salt if desired. Place two steaks on each roll; top with onions and mushrooms. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 423 calories, 16g fat (0g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 819mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Venison Tenderloin Sandwiches
"These are very good and I highly recommend it!"