Venison Taco Pie
The whole family is sure to enjoy this savory southwestern casserole. A refrigerated biscuit crust and packaged taco seasoning make preparation easy. Karen Witman of North Irwin, Pennsylvania submitted the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook venison over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; keep
- For crust, press biscuits onto the bottom and up the sides of an
- ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Spoon
- venison mixture into crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20-25
- minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.