The whole family is sure to enjoy this savory southwestern casserole. A refrigerated biscuit crust and packaged taco seasoning make preparation easy. Karen Witman of North Irwin, Pennsylvania submitted the recipe.
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook venison over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; keep warm.
- For crust, press biscuits onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Spoon venison mixture into crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Venison Taco Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p49
Reviews for Venison Taco Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review