Venison Taco Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook venison over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; keep warm.
- For crust, press biscuits onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Spoon venison mixture into crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Venison Taco Pie(9)
Sort By :
Loved this recipe. My husband got a deer this year and so I decided to try it. It was easy and quick. You could make it with either venison or ground beef,
awesome a keeper for sure!
This recipe is so easy and delicious!
This recipe is so good! I accidently bought crescent rolls instead of the buttermilk biscuits. It was still very good. The crescent rolls fit perfect in the pie pan when I lined it like each was a piece of pie. My kids loved it! I even served it once to a friend who thinks she hates venison and she loved it. We didn't let the secret out! (:
I tried this recipe; loved it and have made it several times. It's delicious!