Venison Stew Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds venison stew meat
- 3 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 7 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Bottled browning sauce, optional
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Brown meat. Add onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, oregano, salt, pepper and water. Simmer, covered, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Continue to cook until vegetables are tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Mix flour and cold water; stir into stew. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add browning sauce if desired. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Venison Stew
Sort By :
"My husband's review was "This is a manly stew!" We both enjoyed this. Like other reviewers, though, I added beef broth because otherwise there wasn't enough liquid."
"This is awesome. My husband and I get various Venison Meats from Family at different times, and we have tried different recipes this was so good the venison melted in our mouth it was very good"
"this is the best venison stew I changed a little bit and ad some red wine to it."
"So glad I found this online, I searched and searched and couldn't find my copy amongst my recipes. Best stew ever."