Venison Roast Recipe
- 1 venison roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 10 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 7 medium carrots, quartered
- 5 small onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Cut 10 deep slits in roast; place a garlic clove in each slit. Combine the rosemary, 1 teaspoon onion powder, garlic powder and thyme; rub over entire roast. Cover; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Add 1/2 in. of water to a roasting pan. Place the roast, carrots and onions in pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or meat is tender. Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 3. Strain drippings into a measuring cup. In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups drippings, bouillon, browning sauce and remaining onion powder. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Venison Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.