Venison Meatballs Recipe
"I learned to cook game while my husband was a forestry student," recalls Sheila Reed from Fredericton, New Brunswick. "We lived off the land as much as possible. I still enjoy these savory meatballs in a slightly sweet barbecue sauce. I make a bib batch for an annual pool party and there are never any left."
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground venison
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble venison over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 each) equals 314 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,016 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC