- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground venison
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble venison over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Venison Meatballs
Sort By :
"These meatballs came out great. Instead of the rice I pur?ed the onion and some carrot in and added some Worcester and hot sauce as well as an egg and a small amount of bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. I also only cooked these for 25 min at the 375 degrees suggested, delicious!"
"Wow, thanks for this recipe. So easy to make and the preparation doesn't take days like many other dishes. The meatballs turned out great. I initially planned to serve these just as hors d'oeuvres that people could pick at through the day, not realizing that these very well may have stolen the show, so to speak. These were devoured in no time and I had to make another batch. I seasoned the meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder prior to doing anything else and I'll likely do the same, without changing anything, when I make them again this weekend. So quick, so easy, and as good a meatball as a person could have. Like the recipe called for, I used instant rice and will definitely only use instant in the future. Thanks again for a recipe that's definitely going to be an annual staple at my house for years to come."
"This is the best easy Venison Meat balls !!! I ever made for Christmas Eve and everyone including kids loved them ! THANK YOU ..."
"There are lots of game hunters in our family and we have 2 freezers well stocked. Venison meatballs are something I had not tried till I saw this recipe, we all thought they were delicious!"
"I made these meatballs for a friend who had given me the ground venison. He kept some for himself and gave some to several other people. All of them said they are the best meatballs they have ever eaten!"