Venison Meatballs Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground venison
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble venison over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Venison Meatballs
Sort By :
There are lots of game hunters in our family and we have 2 freezers well stocked. Venison meatballs are something I had not tried till I saw this recipe, we all thought they were delicious!
I made these meatballs for a friend who had given me the ground venison. He kept some for himself and gave some to several other people. All of them said they are the best meatballs they have ever eaten!
We cooked the rice so they would not be "crunchy". The non-venison eaters loved them too!
I was looking for a venison recipe for Thanksgiving so I made this one. I made a double batch and it was the first thing to disappear from from the table. Everyone loved them and no one knew they were venison. I have made it several times since then and will continue to use this recipe just the way it is. Thanks for sharing it!
What a great recipe! My 13 year old son requests this regulary. I agree with cafritz,only the cook would know its venison. : )