Venison Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground venison
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add tomato sauce, onion, crumbs, salt and pepper. Add venison and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine brown sugar, mustard and vinegar; pour over meat loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 204 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 799 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.