- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground venison
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add tomato sauce, onion, crumbs, salt and pepper. Add venison and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine brown sugar, mustard and vinegar; pour over meat loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Venison Meat Loaf
"This is the best meatloaf I have ever eaten!"
"Venison is a staple in our diet, and in 34 years of marriage with 5 children, I've made meatloaf more times than I can count. My husband said this is the best meatloaf he's ever tasted, and I agree. I modified to use what was on hand...seasoned panko bread crumbs, cut the salt in half, Sweet Baby Ray's in place of brown sugar, mustard & vinegar. Added a 4 oz can of mushrooms, drained. Delicious!"
"Didn't have tomatoe sauce so I used ketchup. Didn't put onion in it, and to replace the brown sugar vinegar mustard topping I used barbecue sauce. And it's the bomb digity!"
"The whole family loved this!!"