- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground venison
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add tomato sauce, onion, crumbs, salt and pepper. Add venison and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine brown sugar, mustard and vinegar; pour over meat loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forVenison Meat Loaf
"This is the best meatloaf I have ever eaten!"
"Venison is a staple in our diet, and in 34 years of marriage with 5 children, I've made meatloaf more times than I can count. My husband said this is the best meatloaf he's ever tasted, and I agree. I modified to use what was on hand...seasoned panko bread crumbs, cut the salt in half, Sweet Baby Ray's in place of brown sugar, mustard & vinegar. Added a 4 oz can of mushrooms, drained. Delicious!"
"Didn't have tomatoe sauce so I used ketchup. Didn't put onion in it, and to replace the brown sugar vinegar mustard topping I used barbecue sauce. And it's the bomb digity!"
"The whole family loved this!!"
"Family loved it!!"
"Great recipe!!!! You cannot tell it is venison! I had to alter a few things just because I didn't have all the ingredients and it still turnout out good! I used Ketchup instead of tomato sauce and apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar! Still turned out awesome! Thank you!"
"I have made so many venison recipes it is unbelievable....dont change anything with this recipe..it is the best of the rest for VENISON MEATLOAF....very tasty and well worht the little effort it takes to make it.... i t wont change any thing like other folks do ...you cant improve what is perfect.. venison is s touchy meat to begin with.....and this is a excellent compliment for vension.....enjoy....i doubled it exactly as written and it dissappeared... to a bunch of hungry mouths that still say it was beef...lmao,,,,..peace..more venison recipes from you please.....again thank you very very much"
"I made this recipe without the brown sugar topping (didnt have any). I also added mushrooms. Meatloaf fell apart easily, but the taste was great! I only cooked it for 60 mins, and it was done. Husband said "Make this again!""
"not the consistency i wanted and needed some fat, our venison was too lean, may add some sausage or ground pork next time."