Venison Fajitas Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds venison or elk flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and salsa
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. Heat remaining oil; stir-fry meat for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Spoon over tortillas; top with cheese, sour cream and salsa; fold in sides. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Venison Fajitas
"Taste awesome!, even my husband that doesn't eat onions or pepper , loved it! Definately making again! I used antelope butterfly steaks with it."
"very easy- tasted great! followed the recipe, except added a 1/2 tsp. cumin powder."
"we used deer in place of the elk. tender!"